Baker’s Dozen: 13 Commonly
1. How can I get a wedding cake on a limited budget?
There are numerous ways of purchasing a wedding cake that can save cost to fit into your budget. We recommend making an appointment for a cake tasting so we can discuss your options with you. We will do our best to give you the cake you are looking for within your price range.
2. Is there really a Chef Jacques?
Yes, there is a Chef Jacques. He is personally responsible for all the recipes we use here at the shop and, if you are lucky, he might even deliver your wedding cake!
3. How do you transport your wedding cake to my reception site?
We deliver our cakes in refrigerated vans to keep your cake cold until it is set up at your reception. This is especially important in the hot summer months so that your cake stays beautiful until the last piece is served.
4. Do you charge for a wedding cake consultation?
No; we invite you to come in for a complimentary cake tasting to try all of our cake and filling flavors.
5. Who delivers my wedding cake?
All of the pastry chefs that bake, ice and decorate your cake also deliver for you. We are all insured and have exceptional driving records. We also arrive dressed in our chef uniforms for professionalism.
6. Why is your buttercream icing so smooth compared to other pastry shops?
Our icing is a French cooked style of icing that yields a much smoother and creamier icing than other recipes. This ensures that the icing will not be gritty when you enjoy it.
7. Do you freeze your wedding cakes?
No, we do not freeze our wedding cakes. We make our products fresh for you so that your cake’s quality is never compromised from freezing temperatures.
8. Can I bring in a design I saw from the internet or a magazine?
Of course you can! We are often asked to recreate designs that our brides and grooms have seen elsewhere. In fact, we are usually sent Thank You notes that say that our version was better than the original.
9. Are you a licensed pastry shop?
Yes. You can feel safe with us knowing that we are licensed and insured, as well as FDA approved.
10. Why are your cakes so moist and delicious?
Sorry to say that this is a trade secret! However, we welcome you to the shop to “See and Taste the Difference” for yourself.
11. How long have you been in business?
We have been in business for 37 years with the same owners and in the same location.
12. Would you add a tier of styrofoam to my wedding cake to make it look larger?
There is actually no cost saving when creating a wedding cake with fake and real tiers in it. To be safe, you should never mix real and artificial product within your wedding cake as it can affect the quality of your cake and could potentially be unsafe for your guests.
13. How far will you deliver?
We deliver throughout New England, servicing New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine, Vermont, Connecticut and Rhode Island.